(Featured image permission from pexels.com)
Most of the time, we hear these awful stories on television or through word of mouth about dogfighting. And most of us, the sane ones of course, know that is a dreadful and awful event that takes place. But, did you know there are ways to get involved and stop dogfighting? Here is how:
Take a look at a more recent, well known dogfighting event:
- One of the most important and easiest way to get involved is to familiarize yourself with the issue. Learn about what dogfighting entails, warning signs, and what to do if you actually witness it or know someone who partakes in it.
- Help raise awareness of “The Human Society of the Unites States” $5,000 reward. It is a reward up to $5,000 for people who give information on severe animal cases such as dog fighting and puppy mills.
- Urge local radio stations to run advertisements that emphasizes this $5,000 reward. for anyone who knows information on dogfighting.
- Fundraising: on your own or with your family! Great way to get community involved! (Car wash, bake sales, exc.)
- Promote it on social media!
- Use people you know: Does anyone you know own businesses? Have them donate some of their proceeds towards Animal Cruelty Response and Reward Fund.
- Order “Life on the Chain, Death in the Ring,” and share it with friends, families, and anyone you feel would benefit from it.
- Make a donation to Animal Cruelty Response and Reward Fund.
- Clear up the “myths” about pit bulls and teach people the facts.
The key to all things that are successful, is time, patience, and awareness. Be the voice of the animals and get more people involved and made aware of what really goes into dogfighting.